Regular School Day Schedule Student arrival 7:15am Tardy bell 7:45am Student dismissal 2:40pm (Early Release Day Dismissal - 12:40 P.M.) -------------------------------------- During inclement weather, you will receive a phone call from School Messenger to inform you of the status of school. You may also watch WIS-TV news, check the school district site, (www.newberry.k12.sc.us) or listen to WKDK for updates of school delays and closing in Newberry County. Two Hour Delay Bell Schedule: If the district has been placed on a two-hour delay, students will be allowed to enter the building around 9:20 a.m. The tardy bell will ring at 9:45 a.m.
NEWBERRY COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT ATTENDANCE AREA INFORMATION
The Attendance Area Information Website is provided to the public of Newberry County to assist parents/guardians in determining which Newberry County school their child is zoned to attend. This site will also be used by the school district to assist with the registration process for all students. Using this website, parents can locate their address, school attendance zone and the correct school for which to register their children. For instructional use please see below.
1. Type your address information into the fields for Address or Intersection, City, State and Zip.
2. Click the “Submit” Button.
3. Click the “Zoom to Address” Button.
Once the address is submitted, the window will zoom to local view of your address and you will see a red blinking marker which highlights the address location.
4. To see what school attendance zone your student will attend, use the Elementary, Middle and High toggle buttons.
Each toggle will highlight a boundary of that school’s attendance zone.
5. To visit your area school’s website, click the given school’s name located next to the Elementary, Middle and High toggle buttons.
6. If needed, you can zoom in/out by adjusting the scale bar located in the top left hand corner of the map.
7. If needed, you can pan around the map by moving your mouse over the map. Hold down the left-click on your mouse and map view will adjust as you navigate with the mouse.
8. To assess the accuracy of the found address, you must zoom in to see the county supplied address points.
9. To view the full boundary of the school district, you must zoom out.
Click here for Attendance Area Information Website