Welcome to PGE!
"At Pomaria Garmany Elementary, We Learn Today to Lead Tomorrow"
The School District of Newberry and Pomaria-Garmany Elementary use the SchoolMessenger® communication tool to get emergency messages to students’ parents/guardians quickly by telephone. It is very important to have your SchoolMessenger® information up-to-date and correct. The district announces school delays and closings through SchoolMessenger®, local TV and radio.
Please contact the school if you need to update your phone or email.
Palmetto Awards for PGE
Pomaria-Garmany Elementary has received the Palmetto Silver Award
for 2003-04; 2005-06; 2008-09; 2010-11; 2011-12.
Pomaria-Garmany Elementary has received the Palmetto Gold Award
for 2012-13: 2013-14.
- 2017-2018 Excellent Report Card Rating
- Certified Energy Bus School
- PBIS School (Positive Behavior Intervention System)
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- AdVanced Ed Certification
- Eleven Faculty members are National Board certified
- National Lunch and Breakfast School Program - Free for Elementary Students
- Twenty-one teachers with Masters' Degrees or higher
- LLI Intervention
- PCD (3-5 year old)
- Participate in Relay for Life
- Field Trips in every grade
- PGE Morning News show
- PGE Archery Team that attends the State Archery Tournament
Features/Programs: PBIS, Music, Art, PE, ESOL Program, Gifted and Talented Program, Peer Tutoring, Healthy Schools Committee
Extracurricular Activities: Star Patrol, Tigermail, PGE News Crew, Library Helpers, Clubs for 3rd-5th, Archery Team, Talent Show
Special Incentives:Principal’s Honor Roll, Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance, Most Improved, Top Five Averages (Grades 1-5), Fifth grade State Superintendent of Education Writing Award, Fifth Grade Citizenship Award, PE Award, Music Award, Art Award, ESOL Award, GT Award,
Awards: SACS accredited - Palmetto Silver Awards - 2003-04; 2005-06; 2008-09; 2010-11, 2011-12
Palmetto Gold Awards - 2012-13; 2013-14